1) Well-known & respected human rights attorney NASRIN …SOTOUDEH, who is currently being tortured and is in solitary confinement. Her clients that she represents are now in further danger. She has 2 children who are suffering without their mother since she has been gone: http://www.gopetition.com/petition/38884.html
2) For AYATOLLAH BOROUJERDI, who has been imprisoned since 2006 for being an advocate for a secular democracy (a separation between religion and state) and has is under continuous torture and beatings. HE IS 65 YEARS OLD. He had been recently beaten with a baton this week among many other previous beatings. http://www.petitiononline.com/Maat2/petition.html
3) For young genius and blogger HOSSEIN RONAGHI-MALEKI, who has been in solitary confinement for almost 1 year. He is a huge asset to Iran for the advancement of the country and should be celebrated, rather than imprisoned and tortured! http://www.gopetition.com/petition/36771.html
4) For HAMED ROUHINEJAD, who has Multiple Sclerosis and has lost over 50% of working vision and hearing due to lack of treatment. He is dying more everyday that he is in jail. He was arrested on false charges of post-election protests, even though he was arrested in May 2009, before the election. His only crime is illegally exiting the country, hoping that life would offer him more hope for the future. http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39919.html
5) DR. MOHAMMAD OLIYAIFARD, the prominent Human Rights lawyer arrested for conducting interviews about violation of his clients and the illegal execution of Behnoud Shojaee. He was diagnosed this week with Leukemia by the prison clinic!!!! He needs URGENT medical care! http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39924.html
6) This is also a HUNGER STRIKE in support of ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS in IRAN!!
7) This is also in solidarity with hunger strikers in GREECE, being ignored by Greek government that are providing no medical help!
You can participate in the hunger strike with your friends, as a community, or from your own home.
Los Angeles: Join us Saturday at Santa Monica Pier, 10am-7pm